Why make life harder than it needs to be?
Almost everything about adult life is conducive to tension, whether it be mental or physical. Our jobs and families often keep us too busy to focus on the activities that help us reduce tension, leaving us at the mercy of a stress-cycle that spares no one. This stress-cycle certainly does not spare our spines- everything about tension spells spinal dysfunction. But neglecting our spines because we are too busy, or because we are lazy, is certain to make your life harder than it needs to be. Here are our tips for maintaining a high-level of spinal health despite the rigors of daily life.
Instead of piling on the pressure...
- Always practice good posture: at first this may mean simply resetting your posture frequently, whenever you feel yourself slipping forward or slouching down.
- Work on the muscles that support good posture: in this case, we are talking exercises that promote core stability which translates to stability at the base of your spine and makes good posture easier.
- Use yoga and spinal elongation to promote spinal relaxation and mobility.
- Maintain a healthy weight by choosing good foods and choose to be active as often as possible.
- Use chiropractic to promote spinal alignment and joint mobility.
Don't make your life harder than it needs to be- choose a more holistic approach to healthcare.
Just as the cycle of stress and tension feeds itself, so does the cycle of wellness and energy. By taking more care of your spine, your body will reward you with less pain and more mobility, which will contribute to more energy and vitality. If you need help taking the fight to your lifestyle of stress, give our office in Fremont a call to schedule an appointment today.